Purpose of Church
Can't wait to get to church tomorrow. I have this tendency to go there to hope to get something in return. it's like a way of recharge, refreshment, restoration. Now, wait a minute, I think all these are only secondary. I go to church because I love God. I want to praise him in prayer and worship. I want to declare Him to be the God Almighty. I need to get my perspective right. I don't deserve anything. (Grace is something I don't deserve.) Yet because I seek Him, He blesses me also. Let me go to church to serve and to please God. Even if the sermon might not be absolutely relevant to me, it doesn't matter. b/c I go to church to praise God not to "de-stress" as such. (though God is good. He'll probably refresh me anyhow! ^_^)Don't seek Him only when you're troubled.
Seek Him in all circumstances.

1 Comments:
Yeah I get that sometimes too, Irene... when I'm troubled, God can seem to be far away. Even though I know with my head that he is there, looking after and caring for me, I don't feel his presence like I can in happy times...
But I guess I have always gotten through troubled times okay! That, in itself, shows me that he's there all the time, yeah?
In Christ
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home