Saturday, November 05, 2005

I didn't even know...

First of all, praise God~ He answered my prayer~

Very few of you would know, my step great grandma was very frail a year ago. I was half-expecting her to pass away. I didn't pray with much faith. Knowing how strongly my whole extended family believed in "buddhism", I didn't expect anything to come out of my little prayer. I still remember visiting my great grandma at austin. Before she was sent to hospital, she was still able to walk with a walking frame. She even looked after the grandchildren while her son and daughter in law went to work.

After an unfortunate fall, her health just declined exponentially. She lie in bed and could hardly talk. I was quite sad, as you could imagine. I prayed that she'd come to know Jesus and be saved before her health could no longer hold up. I remember asking the cell members to pray for her also.

Then miraculously she became better and got transferred to a nursing home - where she is now. She spends all her time lying in bed. She's very deaf and she couldn't speak my language. Every time I visit her, I just watch. It's almost impossible to communicate with her. I didn't know what to do. How do I tell her about God? How? She doesn't even watch TV or listen to music.

Few months ago, i found out her son and her daughter in law go to citylife church. I was ecstatic about it and I think I've shared that with the cell members too. Praise God. Little did I know that there's still hope in my family! (okay, i know. with God, there's ALWAYS hope...) I wasn't the only Christian! yay. And they bring their children to kids church.

Today my family and I visited my great grandma and bought her flowers. She was a lot happier than usual. She even smiled/ laughed a bit. And her daughter in law was there. I haven't met her for a long time. And we never really had a chance to talk.

She's such a faithful woman. She kept telling me how God can do all things. Many of her relatives are saved. Her boldness shocks me. She literally shares the good news to everyone around her. eg at work. She's recently joined a cell group. She was telling me how Joyce Meyer has taught her a lot through her sermon on channel 10 (4am every week day). She's not just a christian. She lives for God. And then she broke the news to me! that my great grandma accepted christ a year ago at Austin.

And all along - I didn't even know.... A pastor came to talk to her and her son translated for her. And she accepted! She even got baptised (sprinkle). She even agreed to be buried in a Christian Graveyard, rather than those buddhist shire thingy in the temple. praise the Lord. How able is our Lord?

And of course, due to her language and hearing problem, I don't think she really understands what christianity is really about. (i mean, I don't really know God either. He's too beyond me...) At least she has accepted God. And her son goes to church but not as devoted/ faithful as his wife is. But she was telling me that she'll keep praying and that in God's time, He'll turn her husband around! What a faithful woman she is.

It's just so encouraging. I was just blown away. So I should keep praying for the rest of my immediate and extended family. Until something happens!

Hallelujah!

1 Comments:

At 10:55 PM , Blogger YN said...

hey tiff
just coming back from uth and saw this post.
Praise the Lord for ur great grandma!
wat we cannot do it is good to surrender to Him...
remind me of that kids church song:
His ways are higher than mine
Much higher

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home