Monday, July 18, 2005

Circumcision

I was in theatre again - in my funny green pyjama... Funny how the anaesthetist explains to the kids patient: "Isn't it funny that we're the ones in green pyjamas when YOU'RE the one being put to sleep?" I thought: good point!!

ANyway, I finally saw how circumcision is done! Wah..... it takes 30 mins. THat reminds me, why do you need to anaesthetise them when there's what you call "circumcision kit"? The lecturer once passed around this kit in the lecture - promoting how it can prevent HIV/AIDS transmission.

Those kids range from 3yr to 12yr. I wonder what the parents tell them. "Hm... there's nothing wrong with you but I'd like to take you to the hospital. ... and... cut something ... hmm.... when you wake up, i'll take you to Maccas! DEAL?"@_@

It's been tiring walking around hospital. Gets boring when you don't do anything and watching circumcision 3 times in a row. i mean, first time i saw it, i was like "WHOAH". 2nd time, "argh i get it now.." 3rd time, "*YAWN*...

Oh and i MSN'ed during lunch break! that was cool ... well, kinda~ ha ha...

8 Comments:

At 9:18 AM , Blogger .: sky :. said...

yuk!!!!! circumcision :(... *ouch*... i'm grossed out now >_<

 
At 10:38 AM , Blogger Sam Leong said...

ouch. u just won't understand the pain... and no i'm not... well, just praise God i don't have to go through it

 
At 1:37 PM , Blogger kat said...

You gotta learn how to circumcise?? What did u say your specialisation was again Tiff?

Kat =)

 
At 4:07 PM , Blogger InteGR7 said...

One wonders why such an event stood out so much to Tiff..

I would suggest that the anathesation or however you spell it, would be more to prevent panic, and subsequent unneccesary (potentially dangerous) movement.

But what's this circ kit? I'm curious..

 
At 7:27 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad to see an overwhelming response~~~~ I should post more on "interesting" topics...

 
At 1:57 PM , Blogger SS said...

What is your AMS topic again Tiff?

And what are the indications for circumcision? (i.e. how come the kids are having it done, at that time?) I know that often Jewish kids get circumcised at (well, soon after) birth, but what about 3-12 year olds?

 
At 1:40 PM , Blogger Perfefanie said...

Hahahaha
it stood out coz Tiff spent the whoooooole afternoon watching them
i could only bother to stay for one
then galavanted away :)

 
At 7:29 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you Irene darling, you are always lovely.

The Muslims and the Jews, they circumsize. It helps with hygiene, I guess.

Wasn't the circumcision kit, like, a tiny little circular thing. I got the impression that it was for babies ^_^ or maybe he only passed the smallest sized one around.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home