Saturday, April 16, 2005

1st Time...

Yeh we all have our first times.

Yesterday, Amy took me to The Loft on Lonsdale. I wasn't actually INVITED to go coz it was a distant friend's (24th) birthday. (According to him, I *was* invited. Except he used my ozemail email address - i guess...) Anyway, it's like a lounge/pub place. Such an innocent medical student, aren't I?

Anyway, a part of the place was fenced off for us only. So it was kinda safe. Plus, it wasn't that smokey. Thank Goodness. We could get free drinks at the bar area - which is shared by everyone else. Had a coconut + pineapple cocktail. Who knows what the name was. I'm not a coconut person but yeh it tastes OKAY. -__- Then I was FORCED to have a Cowboy - which is what they called a "shot". A small glass of alcohol with milky bailey on top. The rule was to drink it all in one go. So i did. Not bad. Better than the cocktail. Think my face turned red after a while - like every one else. It was moderately dark there anyway.

It was nice to catch up with a few badminton teammates. and to meet some of the new teammates. Quite an interesting experience. A bit bored at times. Amy used this Guilt-driving persuasive technique to make me dance at the dancefloor. -__- She spent about 20 minutes persuading me to dance: "if you don't go, I'm not going". She was nice though coz she didn't want me to be left all alone. But then I'm stubborn. took me a while for the guilt to override my stubbornness. Anyway just a 10 mins dance.

Left at 10pm. Nice enough, this guy took Amy and I home. It was a very interesting experience to walk in the city at night. People singing on the street. People wandering. Felt kinda porsche looking at the Shops on Collins street etc... City is like a different world at night.

Now, and guess what? A pub can be a place for evangelism too. This friend of mine asked me about church and stuff. Probably due to the alcohol (blame it on alcohol), I could hardly answer her. Our conversation got distracted very soon by some 3rd person asking her to dance etc.

Anyway, just let the spirit live with us wherever we go. Who knows when the opportunity arises? little things add up...

1 Comments:

At 4:59 PM , Blogger Sam Leong said...

usually a cowboy is a shot consisting of butterscotch and baileys.... mmmm.... how do i know? uh don't ask =P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home