Kidney Transplant
Yip, saw a kidney transplant yesterday. From the dad to the son. It touches your heart when you see this kinda thing. The donor kidney was quite big - it goes to the front rather than posteriorly. Poor kid - he had kidney failure because... who knows why.. ha ha... I think it's due to the backflow of pressure. I didn't quite understand when the Dr. explained to me. Since it's a big operation, the anaethetist put in a lot of tubes... An epidural one near the thoracic spine. They couldn't poke through an artery - after many tries. They poked through the JVP. Some peripheral veins... Anyway, lots of tubes.Oh yeh the surgeon in charge today was female. the assisting surgeon was male. Same as the brain surgery I mentioned in the last blog. Go girls! We make better surgeons. ;)
I did a bit of shopping in the hospital! It's groovy! The bags are so cute! only $2 and it goes to heart foundation. Went to the toy shop with steph. SO CUTE. this elephant costs $47. so soft and huggable. even with my staff discount of 10% - i wouldn't buy it!


My locker - bottom >_< Hopefully we get the full-length ones soon!

Here's a photo of the monitor/machines that I'll be using. They test the kids' awareness in anaesthesia.

the fridge in my office:

here's Dora and Steph's office: with the Hidamari No Tami that I gave dora and the nurse bear that steph bought from the toy shop. only $5!!


ANyway, RCH is great fun!

2 Comments:
so u have ur own office?? did u pick it cos it had a fridge? O_o
awwwww!!!! u have a yellow hidamari =). kawaii ne!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home