Plastic Surgery & Appendectomy & Animal House
My AMS is getting more and more "RANDOM"!!Firstly, I went to see a finger plastic surgery. Kinda uninteresting. Steph and I were hoping to see the breast implant listed on the schedule BUT unfortuantely, due to lack of hospital beds, it was cancelled. >< "breast implant on children???" you ask... Well, she's 18.
Secondly, we went to see appendectomy. It was way cool coz you get to see everything that's happening on the TV screen. Steph and I were guessing the real-life length of the appendix. It was actually a bit longer than we thought. I got to hold the appendix (in a jar of blue liquid)!!! kekeke... it was actually exciting... (is it worrying?)
Then we went for a free lunch. Nice bread roll and fruit platter!! I got addicted to the Honey dew. SO SWEET~ We bumped into other AMS students! Ha ha... the attraction of free lunch...

Then we went to the starlight hall again. They played air hockey:

Then we decided to check out the animal lab in the hospital (as recommended by the other AMS studnets). Thanks to Steph for making the initiative. Dora and I were a bit reluctant - unsure whether we're allowed to or not.... Anyway so we made our way into the animal house. We saw 2 piglets! 8 weeks old. SO CUTE. we gotta pat them too!! Then we saw a lot of mice and there were 13 pups!! (see picture) The mother was so protective of the pups. She picked them up (one by one) by her mouth and located them away from us. The natural motherly love is most admirable~



Then Steph and I tried to do some reading on "introduction to anaesthesia". I almost fell asleep. Brilliant steph suggested that we go play with kids in the day centre! 'YEAH!!!!!' So we went. I first kid I saw was chinese. and then his (later i found out it's a girl!) dad asked him to call me "Jie Jie" which means "elder sister" in cantonese. So cool! They spoke canto! So i talked to the 1 year old, the 4 year old and the parents. The actual patient is in the theatre and she has Down Syndrome. The anaesthetist has to jab an intramuscular injection to make her calm down and sleep. I didn't get to hold the 1 year old girl coz she is quite a bossy, agitated kid... >< I'll try again on other kids in the future...
I've noticed something about Steph. She'd call up for anything. I swear, she made about 10 phone calls in a span of 1 hour. what are they for? 1) does the library photocopier have a feeder? 2) what's the internal no. for the library? 3) when are we changing name badge? 4) sorry it's me again. do we get to keep the old badge? 5) Can we come in the animal house? (the rest I forgot...) Here are some pictures to prove it!


(yip, this time with MSN!!!)
Our department bought a new photocopier. Steph was so excited that she took a photo of it. *sigh*... and she really wanted to be the first person to use it. So she checked if it was ready every 5 minutes. Then she suggested that we just make a phone call rather than walking 8 seconds to the photocopier room. I stopped her. To her disappointment, the photocopier didn't work. Here it is:

I DO do my work - but am I sleeping in that photo?

That was pretty much my day. Bought a top from Kookai on the way home! half priced man!

4 Comments:
Wow! Your days sound so interesting and fun!
Hmm... I wonder if I can get some mice and kids into the office...
Hmm... how come that photo doesn't look like you?
ha ha... yeh. i dun look the same with a pony tail and on a side.
Nup. I just don't believe it's you. Since when did you also have straight hair? I reckon it looks like Yi-Ning.
Silly Sally
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home