Monday, August 22, 2005

What if there's no ranking in med?

ha ha.. some people seem very disturbed by the Mr Bean picture. I'M SORRY - I made a mistake. I think the one on my sup's computer is the Stationary one (see below). So I've changed the picture now. is it better?

I was talking to this Adelaide final year medical student. She was telling me how her uni doesn't have a scoring system for medical students. Ie. everything is just a hurdle. if you fail, you repeat the year. So how do they get selected to internship? Well, apparently they get some written assessments from the doctors that they've worked with and they have an entrance interview. apparently many schools are slowly adopting that system. Results don't count for internship, Specialty training selection etc etc....

I was just thinking. WHOAH. what if I was in Adelaide Medical School? what if exams don't count? what if i don't need to learn anatomy? ha ha.. What if there's no competitions in med? My dad argues that it's crap. and it produces bad doctors. Don't know. whats your thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home